A Diversion: Spring

Aren't these rhododendrons such shy beauties? I would love vases full of them throughout my house. What is best is that their colors vary so much they come in pale pink like this and then the bold read you'll see below.


I know I promised a demolition extravaganza but honestly, I can't muster the energy. To anyone who has renovated a home this will come as no surprise but it is mentally exhausting. To the point that I can't even go into detail today. It's nothing bad, our contractor isn't lying or stealing, but it is a process with a lot of unknowns, a lot of hurry-up-and-wait, not finding what you want, running behind, and, of course, money...money...money. I can cope but we're at the point where spending money on rent AND a mortgage is waking me up at night. Our mortgage is $800 a month less than our rent. Our rent would pay for a custom made bathroom vanity. And yet, without a kitchen we can't move into the house. And the kitchen looks just as it is did in the last photos I posted. So, I'm heading downhill into crazy town and my brakes aren't working.

I know this is normal and that's why I thought we'd go to a happy place today and just look at a few pretty pictures of the flowers in our yard. Boring for those of you who want to see, destruction or plumbing fixtures but I'll be back with that on Monday. Until then have a great weekend and I hope it's sunny in your neck of the woods!



Brilliant fuschia like these in the front yard. This is in full sun making the color so saturated that it looks like I applied some kind of funky filter to the photo but this is no filter.



 In one of my earlier posts I asked if anyone knew what the rhizomes might be in the backyard but now I know! Isn't this absolutely glorious? It's like looking into a kaleidoscope.



 I walked into the backyard where the concrete slab used to be and as the breeze came up there was the most luscious smell. It came from a trellis of these flaming sunset roses. 


Has spring reached your part of the world? What are your favorite flowers in your garden?





Comments