Around Seattle: Space Needle

The iconic Space Needle, stands out against Seattle's night-time skyline.
photographer unknown
There are few places in Seattle more well known than the Space Needle so, of course, I had to take the family there. The bad news is it’s undergoing a massive remodel—which I told my brother was due to safety issues, but not to worry (because instilling fear in each other is how we roll in my family). 

The good news is it was a gorgeous day with a mix of cloud cover and sunshine. It made for some amazing views.

 The view from the top, looking north. I live all the way north, by the white water tower you can barely see.

This is looking due east. I love the difference in light- downtown, where are is completely in shadow but north and east are sunny.

The only photographic evidence my niece allowed of the two of us together. Behind us is the downtown skyline facing west.



 
This is the descent in the elevator from the top to the ground. I loved it, but imagine if you don't like heights it could be a bit creepy.


If you'd like more information about the fascinating history of the Space Needle stop by here. For information about visiting, go here.

The Space Needle is part of a complex called Seattle Center. It's a wonderful complex that houses the Chihuly museum and the Museum of Pop Culture- both of which we visited. Details of those visits to follow!



Comments