Debris

This is a great place to start because it shows who did what. Pic 1: me, Pic 2: Jed, and Pic 3: the pros.


I’ve been yammering for a couple of weeks about demolishing much of the main floor of our house and you’ve seen a lot of pictures of things coming down. To keep things in perspective I thought I’d share some photos of the result of a lot of demolition: debris. Lots and lots of debris. It is a little staggering how much space is taken up when you take things down.


These are just the baseboards, add to that door frames and door jambs and this pile tripled in size. p.s. Aren't I clever- using the lawnmower carton to keep everything from spilling all over the garage.


This is ONE wall worth of sheet rock. Even before the pros came in I demoed three others so this baby pile is nothing.


If this doesn't look familiar, it shouldn't. I wanted you to see that we're not the only ones out there creating an all-mighty mess. This photo is compliments of my friend Amy in Atlanta who is also in the midst of a renovation. Thankfully, this is the last of the debris for both of us!

That is it for demolition! I, for one, couldn't be happier. Everything is torn down and now it's time to start putting it back together.






Comments