Portland: Brief Bit of Fall


 
Just a quick visual to show how inexplicable the colors of fall can be. No photoshopping here, this tree is truly an almost fluorescent shade of red; startling enough that I have to stop every time I pass the window. If it weren’t in a neighbor’s yard I’d love to get a close-up of a leaf. 

My thoughts go out to all my readers who have either just been hammered by Sandy and are now mired in mud and water waiting for electricity or those who are bearing the brunt of the storm with snow and ice. It was a quick and unusual fall here (as in, it is 64˚ today) but with the reality of climate change sinking into all but the most impenetrable skulls ‘unusual’ may be a word we can no longer apply to the weather.

Comments

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!