The Perfect Perfume


Fashion Week is wrapping up and normally I would be a frenzied hash of activity preparing for my upcoming reviews of Fall 2012 but I’m much more subdued. The collections left me listless and annoyed. I’ll go into more later but for right now- how delicious is this? Combining my two favorite things: books (The Gilmore Guide to Books) and girliness. I don’t know if this will ever make it into stores (or if it even smells good) but the photos alone make me smile. I am one of those freaks who thinks the smell of either a brand new book or a very old one is luscious. A perfect combination of history and mystery.
 
 

 

Here’s the news: Wallpaper Magazine commissioned famed perfumer Geza Schoen to find a way to bottle the indescribable smell. 

For Schoen, minimalism was key in achieving the scent. Though most perfumes consist of 100-plus ingredients, Paper Passion features only five woody ingredients. "The smell of printed paper is dry and fatty; they are not notes you often work with," Schoen told the New York Daily News. Fittingly, the perfume comes packaged in a white-bound book with pages cut out to hold the bottle. Its release is timed with the Handmade issue of Wallpaper, out on July 11, and will retail for $98.
From The Huffington Post, July 19, 2012

Comments

  1. Oh, I WANT this Catherine and I dont care what it smells like! What a fabulous concept.

    The smell of old books is one of my all time favourite scents, I could spend hours, eyes closed in a book shop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!