What I Love This Week


My dear friend Mark came to dinner last night and to open the door and see his arms filled with this lovely bouquet was the definition of joy. Is there anything (besides serious bling) that can bring a smile to a woman’s face as quickly as flowers?


We then got to sit down to an amazing meal (compliments of my DH) of chili marinated flank steak, steamed broccoli with lemon-pepper sauce, and the world’s best macaroni and cheese accompanied by an Alianca  vinho verde for Mark and a rich, warming pinot noir from Penner Ash for DH and me.

So, this week I’m cheating with not one but four things I love- dear friends, fresh flowers, a great meal, and good wine. A perfect night of relaxing, laughing, and pondering life's great issues (are we EVER going to be able to retire?, do men have midlife crises?, what makes you feel secure?, why didn't I make a dessert?). And this morning I got to come downstairs to a big vase of beautiful flowers. It doesn’t get any better than that.




Comments