Little Bits

Attended lecture at OHSU last night on the brain and the immune system in the realm of multiple sclerosis. I know, I’m a rock star. Most of you could not live at this pace.


The speaker was an academic researcher who has dedicated his life to finding answers about this wily disease and for that people like me are grateful. What made me want to charge the stage and beat the shit out of him was the fact he referred to MS no fewer than 5 times as “interesting”.

LISTEN TO ME. It is not “interesting”. It is a stupid, confusing, depressing, painful, insidious, incurable, ANNOYING disease. It will never be interesting to anyone who deals with it every day. Find another word or only use that word when lecturing to scientists and doctors. And as Forrest Gump said, “That’s all I have to say about that.”

Comments