Spring Fashion 2013: Zac Posen


He’s back! I’m sure Zac Posen isn’t losing any sleep over my lack of interest but honestly, for the last two seasons I’ve wondered just who he is designing for. I’m thrilled to say that for Spring 2013 he’s designing for me! Me, if I lived in New York City, had a high powered career and attended oodles of social events, but still this collection is divine. He covers all the sartorial bases from tailored to frilly, fancy to sleek. I loved this collection.

 

Two suits, two complementary looks. For the jacket on the left the look is almost architectural with the neckline perfectly carved to enhance the neck and a ¾ sleeve. On the right is another fabulous neckline with columns of pintuck pleats that nicely add shape where some women (OK, me) might want it. The pants are dreamy with some definition through the hips but flowing around the legs.

 


Such a simple wear-everywhere spring dress. The cream color means you can bold it up or bling it out, both will work. On the right is a bit more fuss, but done well it comes off as feminine and this is done right. The sheerness of the ruffle at the waist means it’s not going to scream ‘these are my hips’ the way a peplum would and the slim fitted pencil skirt provides the perfect contrast.

 


So details were Posen’s thing this spring. For some, these two dresses might read as a bit fussy but I find them to be fun. The tailored jacket over the frilled patterned chiffon skirt and old-fashioned blush dress with ruffled sleeves and skirt feel wonderfully feminine and a welcome respite from all the jagged edges of fall.

Comments

  1. Very pretty collection! My fave is the white dress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!