Thanksgiving Wrap-up

Another Thanksgiving weekend is winding its way down and I’d like to quickly sum up a few of the things that made it special for me this year.
  
Thursday morning: A quiet walk in the rain


Dinner: Lovely décor in a house I didn’t have to clean

A beautifully set table

Crisp rosé wine that went perfectly with great food


Black Friday:
  • I did not get up at 3:45am to head to Walmart in order to pepper spray a crowd of people so that I could purchase the new Xbox console. 
  • I live in a country where there are so many options (including staying home like a rational adult and sleeping) that I NEVER have to set foot in a Walmart. This is the soapbox portion of my thanks where I could go nuclear on why Walmart is the retail equivalent of rats but where I’ll rein it in so you can give thanks. However, they over-run any space they desire by any means possible and only when every last bit of life force has been sucked out of said location do they depart. They underpay their workers, hoard profits, drive suppliers out of business with their cost-cutting demands…the list goes on but you get my point.


Saturday: back to happy. 7 hours on my couch, uninterrupted by commercials, watching hot men battle evil but needing a woman to get the job done right. Best words ever spoken in a movie:



Thanksgiving weekend and I was one happy Lord of the Rings watching geek.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving. I agree- sane people sleep in and avoid the madness of Black Friday at all costs.

    I didn't know you were a Lord of the Rings nerd. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!