Bits and Pieces

We're three months into the carnival ride known as remodeling and not to mix metaphors but it feels as if we've pushed the ten-ton boulder of destruction, decisions, and delays to the top of the mountain. More importantly, I'm able to say that I don't think there's a cliff after the  top and we're going to fall off it. Instead, it feels as if there are still things ahead but not so out-of-control. A gentle slope, if you will. Which means I can catch my breath rather than continue waking up in a panic. Things are coming together, so while it's nowhere near finished it's closer to the end than the beginning.


Here's what I'm seeing when I emerge from the cave that is the basement:


 I'll start with the cooktop being installed because I thought Mr. G would weep when he saw it. He was that happy.



It's not the same kind of love but I am happy to see the dishwasher installed. Washing all our dishes by hand  is not fun.



Again, I never thought I'd care about a kitchen sink but after over a year of using a small sink in our rental (and knowing how much cleaning I do of Mr. G's oversized pots and pans) this looks good to me.


 The master bath is taking shape! Countertop, sinks, and faucets are in. 



The guest bath tiling is complete and the shower/faucet installed.



The big slab of concrete that was our original fireplace mess is now taking shape. The stones are in place, just waiting for mortar and to be sealed.


Comments