What I Love This Week: Peggy Sundays




Sorry for the late posting but I’m still groggy from all the royal watching!

I don’t generally pick something commercial for my favorite of the week but this week’s visit to Multnomah Village yielded so many treasures I’m going to make an exception. Specifically, I want to talk about a charming shop at the end of the street called Peggy Sundays. I love this place!

As I mentioned Monday was pretty blustery and unpleasant so my mood was not all it could be when I walked in. Meeting and talking with Peggy herself made everything seem brighter as she is so engaging and outgoing. She opened the shop 13 years ago after her children started school thinking it would give her something to do during the day. Now they’re finishing college and she still runs what is a charming shop chock full of home décor and gift items. I could not turn around without seeing something I wanted. Like this….


classic table lamp w/ striped silk lampshade- the colors are perfect neutrals


Or these…

LOVE these! So whimsical, would be perfect for the backyard


Or these…

so delicate and charming; I want to sip a very ladylike cocktail from them


Unfortunately, the budget does not allow for home purchases right now so I settled for a gift for my sister-in-law; some adorable stacking bracelets with little rhinestone stars on them.

For the rest of you, this is a store well worth visiting. Peggy is a great host- informative and nice but not hovering- and you are sure to find something you can’t live without.




Special Note: on the first Friday of every month all the shops in the Village stay open late and many have special prices. Peggy Sundays offers 20% off the majority of items in the store and even has little desserts for visitors!

Comments