Pokeware

First of all, the name. What is the electronic obsession with being poked? And how many of us want to be poked? I’m not sure the people who came up with this as a verb even really get what it means- unless they’re a bunch of nasty minded 12 year old boys. Seriously, people you need to rethink that. It’s not sexy or fun.



The name aside, Pokeware is a tool that falls under the new hotspotting technology which is the ability to embed data in an online application.  So, you’re watching a video or movie on your computer and you can roll your cursor over the actors and see what they are wearing and, potentially, the price and where it is available in your area. This would apply to music videos, commercials, and even at some point, movies. Here’s an article that can explain it better than I can. I don’t need to understand how it works I just want to use it!

If they can do retrograde updates to old movies or TV shows than my 401K is toast and I’ll be the proud owner of 90% of what I saw in The Devil Wears Prada and Ugly Betty.











Comments