Orcas Island: The Water


View from the window of our room when we arrived. Very rainy day.



I realize this trip happened over a month ago, but somehow my intentions and my actions don't always match up. I've been thinking about writing and remembering how beautiful the island was, but I get stuck in a headspace of wanting my words to be as perfect as the photographs and wanting the photographs to be as gorgeous as what I saw. Both are unattainable goals so I'm just going for it, with some of the wondrous water I was surrounded by for four days. I love how, depending on the time and the weather, its colors change from gray to vibrant blue to an almost purple.


One of the coves off East Sound. Quiet and gray.


Windy afternoon with sunshine

Aimlessly driving around and reached end of the road- literally. Nothing around but a very small house and this view. Water and mountains- nothing but nature. 


 Standing in the same spot but looking left.  Despite the chilly wind it felt calming.



On New Year's day we drove up Mount Constitution. We had hoped to hike to the top but it was closed due to snow and ice. These final pictures are taken from the midpoint of the mountain just as the sun was starting to set.






Gorgeous end to a day of extreme beauty.



Comments