Seattle Food: Mkt. (Again!)

This is one of the open pantry shelves- how can you go wrong with a restaurant that has a unicorn watching over the kitchen?



This is the second time in less than six months that I've posted about the restaurant Mkt. so it might seem as if there are no other restaurants in Seattle. There are, but this is far and away my favorite so I want to share it again. This time we went for my birthday. We always like to go out somewhere new and different, but given what the last 6 months have been like I didn't want new or different. I wanted something I knew I could count on and once again, Mkt. did not disappoint.



 The chef sent out this 'gift' before our meal- yellow watermelon, with sea salt, olive oil and baby pea shoots



 Heirloom tomatoes with grilled peaches and tomatillo salsa. The grilled peaches were so good I almost cried. I want them every night for dessert.



 My entree- seared scallops with grilled summer vegetables



Rookie mistake here- diving face first into dessert before remembering to take photo. If I hadn't devoured this within second of it hitting the table you would have seen a dark chocolate espresso pot de crème (pudding only better) with a dollop of creme fraiche. Sinful and fabulous.

Comments