Looking Forward

Some words of wisdom from women on the path ahead. All actresses this go-round but by-and-large they've let nature take its course and if they haven't they've owned it.  More women from other fields another day.



I love being in love- it’s the greatest drug of all time- but I also love my solitude.


A sense of freedom is something that, happily, comes with age and life experience.



 I’m actually, at 73, a whole person.



I think your self emerges more clearly over time.



The more I do, the more frightened I get. But that is essential. Otherwise why would I go on doing it?



Where there is age there is evolution, where there is life there is growth.



It's brilliant, really, the way life organises itself, because you just slowly get used to what you are, don't you? (when asked about being in her sixties)



After all these years, I am still involved in the process of self-discovery. It's better to explore life and make mistakes than to play it safe. Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.


Any actresses of a certain age with something to say that you admire? (that means don't quote Miley Cyrus or Lindsey Lohan)

Comments

  1. I love this post! As a woman of a certain age, I appreciate these beautiful older actresses.

    Catherine Deneuve: "Opportunities are often things you haven't noticed the first time around."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!