I have no business shopping but if you’re going to show me a garment with the words pink, brown, tweed, lined
AND $69 then you’ve hit what I call the “it’s cheaper to buy it than not” spot and I will respond. This sweet little number by Isaac Mizrahi (love him!) was on O magazine’s October Finds page. I haven’t bought myself any clothes in six months. In fact I consider a trip to Target to buy Chapstick shopping. How sad is that? So to see something this cute (minus the scarf) at such a low price well, it’s almost religious.
Imagine my dismay when I go to qvc.com and said dress cannot be found ANYWHERE. Did I mention anywhere? Not on QVC. No info beside the picture and QVC website at O online. Nothing in Google. Nothing. And lest you think it’s just me waiting too long and they sold out (not!) here are comments (w/o names) from O’s website:
1. Posted: Sat 10/15/2011Good luck finding this dress - We should all get free dresses for trying all day to buy the flipping thing!!!
2. Posted: Sat 10/8/2011I have been looking for this dress since my O mag arrived in the mail weeks ago!!!!! I did a google search, called QVC, spend way too much time on their website. Nothing! It would be so much more helpful to either, know the dress availability date, pre-order it or give us a direct link so readers can actually purchasing it.
3. Posted: ThuNO WHERE to be found - this is frustrating!!!
4. Posted: Sat 10/1/2011Did anyone find this dress??
I can't find the pink/chocolate tweed A-line dress anywhere on QVC's website! Please give us the direct link!
5. Posted: Sat 9/17/2011Were can you actually find this dress. I can't find this dress on QVC
The first comment was from ten minutes after the issue hit newsstands! I tried to add mine but they have some kind of profanity filter. Bastards.
Do I need to remind everyone that now is not the time to mess with me? That when and if I find something I’m willing to spend money on when I have no job you should not mess me? Especially when it is likely to be the outfit (with a brown turtleneck and tights and my croc-embossed pumps) that would get me the job? IF. THEY. MADE. IT.
Oprah, while you have a bajillion dollars, a multimedia empire, and homes in three states I have the righteous rage of a woman denied and am likely to get all medieval on your ass unless you make this right. Please save yourself the humiliation and grief I could rain dwn on you and put the dress in a FedEx box today (I’m sure you can find my address).