Saturday, September 10, 2011

Versatile Blogger



I was surprised and honored that not one but two fabulous bloggers, Sarah Mac at PEOPLE DON'T EAT ENOUGH FUDGE, and Jennifer at A Sampler, have awarded me the Versatile Blogger award! This is especially lovely coming on the heels of my most recent whinefest.

  
There are rules for winning this award and they are as follows:

  1. Thank the blogger who awarded you and link back to them
  2. Share 7 things about yourself
  3. Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs

 
Here are the seven things about me. As narcissistic as I am this
was harder than I imagined, maybe because I am neither as unique or interesting as I thought I was. That can't be it.
 

  1. I never learned to type but am the queen of hunt and peck.
  2. I moved to 6 different states from the time I graduated college until I was 35.
  3. I can’t talk w/o using my hands.
  4. I had 8 cavities when I was 8 years old. (Before you start besmirching my oral hygiene or looking for flossing articles on the web to send me please know that where I grew up they didn’t add fluoride to the water supply until I was 5.)
  5. I took fencing lessons but was discouraged by the teacher who said I was “too aggressive; fencing is about surprise, and your face says it all”. Husband burst out laughing and I tried to chop his head off.
  6. I have a rare blood marker that is found over 90% of the time in white, Scandinavian males. (You can think it but don't say it)
  7. I can recite the alphabet backwards in under a minute.

And here are 15 bloggers who continue to make the blogosphere a more interesting and inspiring place for me. It may be their words or their photos or some crazy combination but they help me stay creative!

In no particular order:
 
Lessons from Teachers and Twits
Tales of a Tai Tai
Alone...with Cats
Delhi Bound
Home
Tweed Librarian

6 comments:

Renee Schuls-Jacobson said...

Thank you for thinking of me. I've received this award before, but I'm always flattered! I may do something different with this. Stay tuned. I have an idea. ;-)

Starthrower said...

Thank you so much for giving me my first award! There are so many things about your blog/you that I'm drawn to. I think now's the time to share them. Especially now that there are a couple more from your list of 7 things.
1. You are a librarian, I'm an aide hoping to be the librarian in my small town someday.
2. I feel your angst at being one of 14 million unemployed. My community has been good to me. I have three PT jobs just seven miles away. When ever someone says something about why I don't work FT I wonder if they just crawled out from under a rock. I'm thankful for the few hours I can get a week! geesh, the nerve!
3. I love the photos of your days and where you've been.
4. Fencing, Ha, I can't play poker for the very same reason.
5.Maria Bamford!!
6.Your bookshelf
7.Those tips on aging. :) Let's just face it right?

Thanks again.

Abby said...

First of all, thank you so much for the nomination. If can actually think of seven things about myself that don't involve falling up the stairs or spilling food on my clothes, I'll do it.

Second, I love the comment above about why we love your blog. I would add that you ARE truly versatile. I'm never quite sure what the topic will be, but I know it will be articulate and entertaining--whether it's funny, serious or ranty. It's you, and your voice is engaging.

Finally, the alphabet backwards? That is the most impressive thing. Ever. Even more than your male Scandinavian DNA.

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy said...

Thank you SO much! You rock...and now I'm even more impressed with you because you took fencing lessons. For what it's worth, I'd say being an aggressive fencer is a good thing. Means you can kick a little butt!

Catherine said...

@Abby- I timed myself last night (how sad is that) and it's really only 30 seconds). Should I put it on my resume?

@Katie- thank YOU!! I didn't even mention the Lightning Bug part- but that is Versatile! Keep writing.

alonewithcats said...

I'm not even sure I can recite the alphabet from start to finish in under a minute, let alone backward. You've got skillz.

Many, many thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...