What I Love This Week: Zest Crepes




On Monday I shared with you the gorgeousness that is the Beaverton Farmers’ Market but I held a little something back. I’m bad that way. Today I’m ready to share.


Flashback: As J continues to shop I decide that while all this produce profusion is grand it’s time to get to the real reason I come to the farmers’ market. Zest Crepes. I didn’t knock over any senior citizens in my haste to get to their booth but I did exhibit the speed and agility that only surfaces when my stomach is involved. Or when something I’ve been pining for finally goes on sale and is an extra percent off (at which point I will knock over anyone in my way).


There’s no line at the booth which I take to be a sign from the food gods. It is not unusual to wait in line with these folks because they offer such a great array of crepes and each one is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.


I try not to dance around like a 4 year old who needs to go to the bathroom but it has been over 9 months since I’ve had a Zest crepe. They're only open at the farmers’ market so I suffer in sullen, crepe-less gloom until May of each year. Now, I’m back and ready to order! I stick with the breakfast classic, the eponymous Zest crepe. An egg, spinach, ham, cheese, tomatoes, and vinaigrette all rolled up in the loveliest crepe ever created. This is sunshine on a plate; each bite the perfect combination of egg, ham, and spinach with a fresh hint of lemon in the vinaigrette. All ingredients purchased from local farmers at the market- it doesn't get any better than that.

The magic begins


That's what I'm talking about


NIRVANA. Seriously, the only thing needed to complement the perfect crepe is an icy cold Diet Coke. This is 4 Star cuisine on a paper plate.



First of all, you're lucky I was able to stop my inhalation of this piece of heaven but I'm all about suffering for my art. Look at the layers of flavor, people!


Why I decided to write this post in the morning I have no idea because now I'm starting to salivate and my stomach is growling....

 

Comments

  1. I can definately see why you posted this in your grateful post. Those Zest crepes look 'to die for'... sounds like it's been a long 9 months!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a crepe. I know, I know...the horror! It looks delicious though, so I understand your excitement. My Farmer's Market has a stall with these mini loaves of pumpkin bread from an Amish bakery. SOOO good. They're the perfect size for semi-gluttony and I always stick a couple in my freezer for the rest of the year when the market is closed. They don't last long, but still...I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this for breakfast! With coffee, of course. I love crepes of all kinds but this looks particularly delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!