Friday, July 15, 2011

What I Love This Week- Mixed Bag



I know reusable bags are all the rage now but I’ve been carrying this piece of fabulosity for the last 3 years. It was a Christmas gift from my SIL and was stuffed full of all kinds of great little gifties. She’s clever like that- gifts within a gift.

This is from Mixed Bag Designs. They have an amazing array of styles, patterns, and colors and almost everything is under $20 which is crazy good these days. I also like the fact that there is no slogan or logo touting the fact that I'm saving the planet because even though I care I get tired of seeing it shouted everywhere- especially as said touters are often cramming their bags into their SUVs.

I love the color combo- pink and brown together is one of my favorites. It is also the perfect size for those quick trips into Trader Joes. It holds 2 bottles of wine, a bag of Kettles 40% lower fat potato chips (cannot taste the difference!), and a container of TJ toffee. A well balanced meal with all your food groups covered.

Dinner and cuteness aside these bags are tough. I have 3 now and they’re all I take to Costco. I never need to ask for a box, they get filled to the brim (bulk wine, chips, and candy), and never break. Happiness indeed!


5 comments:

Maxabella said...

I have four big Kikki K canvas bags that are go-anywhere, do-anything bags. It's amazing how easy the perfect bag makes things!

Thanks for linking up today, Catherine, it's always lovely to see you. Please don't forget to add a link back to the post so others can visit the linky list too. x

Lee said...

Lovely lovely bag! Love the colour combo too.

I haven't got to Costco yet. Must do soon.

georgi hampton said...

wow that bold design is fantastic. i tend to just use the generic canvas ones .. should break out! x

Abby said...

Those bags are really cute and I can give you the "professional" angle that pink and brown are still very "in," as are demask patterns (sorry, part of my job.)

However, there is not a Trader Joes within 200 miles of my house. I'm bitter.

Catherine said...

@Maxabella- sorry I always forget! Linkback added.

@Georgi- bold is nice in Portland where it tends to be kind of grey a lot of the time.

@Lee- you must go to CostCo! One of the best shopping experiences- all these thigns you didn't know you needed at really cheap prices!

@Abby- oohhh, a professional opinion! Now I'm going to work this bag like I'm on the runway. Sorry about the Trader Joes, they are one funky fun place to shop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...