Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Make It Count

I’m not known for being easy on myself. The demons in my brain spend most of their time banging around the sides of my skull with reasons why I’m not good enough and if I were then I would be a., b., and c. Fill in whatever you want- rich, employed, published, healthy. I don’t think I’m alone in this kind of mental nonsense which is why it’s nice that Mila at Here Under the Rainbow is taking the time to remind us:

Do you ever take time to pat yourself on the back? No, why not start now? Repeat after me. I am good enough.

She’s put it in the perspective of blogging and started a pay it forward kind of link to revisit what you’ve written and acknowledge its worth. Then you list 3 blogs you’d like to recognize. I was surprised and pleased that another blog I follow listed me to take part. Thank you, Niki at Sunflower!


Here are the rules:

1). Write a post base on the three categories below.
2). In your post, include a link for each category.
3). Then challenge three fellow bloggers to do the same.

My Best Humor Post
This is so hard because I amuse myself in almost all but the most dreary posts. I’ll go with this one because it is short and sweet and wry- and I love being wry. Plus, if you feel bad you could buy me the shoes.

My Best How-To Post
I had actually decided that there were enough talented crafty bloggers out there and what was really needed was a how-not-to post that would make everyone feel good about themselves. It didn’t pan out because I’m too lazy to even attempt DIY projects. I’m happy when I vacuum.

So, here is one of my favorite recipes that hits the trifecta for food- easy, healthy, and delicious;  a breakfast smoothie.

My Best Charlie Brown Post
According to Mila, "This post may be one that you worked very hard on, but it was overlooked. Yet, you love it like Charlie Brown loved that scrawny Christmas tree."

This post on sleep was not that profound but I thought it would engender more conversation in my demographic (premenopausal women, women with small kids, women w/ husbands who snore…oh, just women!). Instead, it appeared to be a snooze. I’m probably referring to it because I got all of 2 hours today and am trying not to let my head hit the keyboard.

I’ve done my part and as I'm no good with rules I want to recognize FOUR great women who always inspire me with their words. You do make it count!

  1. The Rhythm Method
  2. People Don’t Eat Enough Fudge
  3. The Tweed Librarian
  4. Abby Has Issues


 

7 comments:

therhythmmethod said...

Bloggers can be hard on themselves. I love visiting your blog, you are always quick and very amusing.
Off to visit your posts now. :)

Abby said...

1) I love all your posts and am relatively new here, so I'm glad you linked back to those here.

2) I'm not a touchy-feely person, but I want to reach over and give you a hug. You are wonderful as you are--smart, sensitive, talented and apparently one heck of a cook/baker. Embrace it. You're you.

3) I'm honored you included me and I'm sending you an email, as I always hijack your comments.

Catherine said...

@RhythmMethod, @Abby- I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you have time for the challenge as I'm always looking for a reason to head to your blogs!

Niki Hudson said...

Great posts Catherine! I'm so happy you decided to play along :) I apologize for my lengthy comment on your Charlie Brown post - I could go on and on about sleep (as could most women, I'm sure). Also, I did actually try the smoothie and it's DELICIOUS! Thank you so much for passing it along.

Mila said...

Thank you for taking part. I enjoyed reading your posts; my favorite would be the one you considered the Charlie Brown one.

Saving By The Sea said...

Following you from Over 40 GFC hop! Hope you'll follow us back :) www.savingbythesea.com

MultipleMum said...

This is a fabulous idea. I hope you feel like you are good enough. Clearly you are! Some of these would make excellent Weekend Rewind topics too (the first two are on my list, but not the Charlie Brown one!) Thanks for Rewinding x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...