Christmas in July



For J the holiday season was ushered in this weekend when the smoker he ordered for himself using his Cabela’s credit card points (yes, he has a Cabela’s VISA card and no, I’m not going to say anymore about it) arrived. Does anyone else have a man in their life who buys what he wants when he wants it and then says, “I don’t want anything for my birthday”. Well, no shit, you’ve bought everything you want!



That’s the only complaint you’ll hear from me because this is another toy of his from which I directly benefit. He’s already smoked a chicken and a pork shoulder so you can color me dumb, fat, and happy.


For me, the big day has yet to arrive but I can no longer wait to start screaming about it and jumping up and down (yes, very much like the David Cassidy days).




They’ve kept me hanging for 9 months, 6 of which have been unemployed which feels especially cruel, but Tim and Heidi return this Thursday on Lifetime. Yes, I am THAT excited. And not just because the last 3 winners were from the Portland area because I disliked Gretchen and her sour, negative, bullying, whiny personality. Not to mention her horrendous taste in color. No, it is simply my favorite television show. Fun, fashion, bitchiness, without being total trash- what more could you ask for?


I’ll stop now but this theme will return. Only TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!!

Comments

  1. I used to have a charcoal smoker, but over the years it got rusted, bent, and wouldn't hold steam in well so I got rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I can't comment on the smoker, I too am a Project Runway fan. I have found that HGTV's Design Star seems to be something in the same vein, if you need to expand the reality tv viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie- the less comments on the smoker the better but I am with you on HGTV Design Star! I love it! I like shows here they actually create something as opposed to being teenage mothers fighting on the front lawn or pimping out their kids in baby beauty pagents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! The Big Guy does this ALL THE TIME. I'm always at a loss over what to give him for birthdays and holidays - it's maddening! Ugh, Men! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

No other way around it- I LOVE hearing from you!