Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bella Luna

taken by whitehawk in Eugene, Oregon

Last night the moon passed 31,000 miles closer to earth than her normal orbit resulting in what is being called a supermoon. What that meant for us on planet earth was she appeared 14% bigger and more beautiful (I’m a bit of a moon freak). This is a rare occurrence and will not occur again until 2029.

I have always loved a full moon so last night was particularly exciting although with our cloudy skies in Portland I worried I would miss it. Thankfully, we did not but I don’t have a camera that could capture the beauty and just sticking my Kodak point and shoot out the bedroom window seemed a bit insulting. The photos below were taken by people across the U.S. When possible I attribute them. Enjoy!

taken by Jeri Jecminek




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...